Monday 9 November 2015

6/11/15 - Te Reo Maori Lesson

On Friday our Maori teacher, Luana came in to teach us Te Reo Maori. During this week session room 22 would be learning directional words, these words are:

Neke :  move

Maui : left

Matau : right

Mua : forward

Muri : back

Taihoa : stop/walk

Ngoke : worm/crawl

Hikoi  : walk

E tu  : stand

E noho : sit

E heke : get down


My favourite part of this session was when we put these words into practice and went out to the playground where we had to lead a partner around the playground using these words and then it would be our turn to follow the direction our partner was telling us to go. To make it even more fun the student following the directions would be blind folded. My partner was Megan. It was a weird feeling being blind folded, because when I thought I was in one place I would be in a different place and I didn't know what was in front of me!

Thanks so much Luana for a great Maori session with you, you teach me something new every week!

Thanks
Ella



No comments:

Post a Comment